Light Bulb

It is illegal to throw fluorescent bulbs/tubes or CFL bulbs in the trash in California due to the mercury content in the bulbs.

Davis campus:

  • Waste generated on campus (non-residential)
    • For recycling intact bulbs submit a request through Facilities.
    • For broken bulbs create a WASTe Tag through Safety Services.
  • Waste generated on campus (residence halls): Contact the Student Housing Sustainability Office.
  • Waste generated off campus: Please take household hazardous waste (HHW) such as electronic waste to your local HHW facility (City of Davis residents use the Yolo County Landfill).

UC Davis Health: Create PO&M Service Request (BEATS) for Electrical – Electrical Support.

Electronic Equipment
UC Davis, Davis Campus
UC Davis Health, Sacramento Campus